[kaffe] gtk awt

supreet supreet at linux-delhi.org
Fri Oct 17 09:48:02 PDT 2003

I am still trying to make it work. Few queries:
Too some extend its gtk specific

In tlkInit routine in tlk.c (Pocketlinux gtk awt)

line 120
idleCallback = (*env)->GetStaticMethodID(env, EventDispatchThread,
"idleCallback", "()V");

this method does not exist.

Interestingly neither X nor qt awt have anything similar to this.

Question 1:

Has EventDispatchThread class changed drastically? What method should be
called in case the native GUI kit is idle?

Question 2:
Do X and QT have a event loop of there own, or they run using event loop
of the program?

Sorry for bugging you guys so much, but I am new at this stuff.

Thanx in advance

Supreet

--
supreet <supreet at linux-delhi.org>