[kaffe] java.net.URI.toURL patch

Dalibor Topic robilad at kaffe.org
Thu Oct 23 10:34:02 PDT 2003

hi Robin,

Robin Green wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 23, 2003 at 06:21:24PM +0200, Dalibor Topic wrote:
>
>>Before I apply it, since this your first patch to kaffe, according to
>>our ChangeLog, I need your confirmation that you're not 'tainted', i.e.
>>have looked at Sun's sources, decompiled their class libraries, or
>>signed an NDA preventing you from contributing to a free java effort.
>

> Ah, no, sorry, I _have_ looked at Sun's sources.

That's unfortunate, as it means we can't accept patches from you.

But if you still want to help kaffe, you can keep reporting bugs, or you
can write test cases for mauve, see http://sources.redhat.com/mauve/, or
run kaffe regularly against mauve, or some benchmarks, and report the
results, and so on. ;)

>>It
>>may sound like too much legalese, but we need to protect you and
>>ourselves from somebody pulling an SCO on us. ;)
>

> I understand.

Thanks for your understanding. Hope to hear some more bug reports from
you ;)