[kaffe] CVS kaffe (dalibor): Fixes to get JBoss 3.2.2 to load

Dalibor Topic robilad at kaffe.org
Fri Oct 24 10:05:03 PDT 2003

Hi all,

this is just a quick heads up for thos of you who want to tinker with
JBoss on top of kaffe from CVS.

Kaffe CVS wrote:
> PatchSet 4122
> Date: 2003/10/24 16:42:09
> Author: dalibor
> Branch: HEAD
> Tag: (none)
> Log:
> Fixes to get JBoss 3.2.2 to load
>
> With the checked in fixes, JBoss 3.2.2 loads on i386-linux. Trying to run
> its management console by connecting to http://localhost:8080/jmx-console/index.jsp
> doesn't work though.

In order to get JBoss 3.2.2 to run on top of kaffe you need to:

1. set JAVA_HOME to where you installed kaffe from CVS
2. set JBOSS_HOME to where you unpacked JBoss 3.2.2
3. set JAVA_OPTS to "-ss256k -mx256M" in order to increase the default
stack size and default max memory limit. It should run in 128M, too.

maybe you need to add kaffe's installed bin dir to PATH, I'm not sure, I
have it in my PATH all the time ;)

bin/run.sh in jboss directory starts JBoss 3.2.2

When it's finished starting up, you should see something like:

15:21:02,945 INFO [MainDeployer] Deployed package:
file:/tmp/topic/jboss-3.2.2/server/default/conf/jboss-service.xml
15:21:02,964 INFO [Server] JBoss (MX MicroKernel) [3.2.2 (build:
CVSTag=JBoss_3_2_2 date=200310182216)] Started in 3m:20s:340ms

which indicates that JBoss loaded up without issues.

Then try to access the management console by pointing your browser to
http://localhost:8080/jmx-console/index.jsp . You should see a lot of
logging output on the console, and a few exceptions thrown. I didn't
look into fixing them yet, feel free to try it for yourself ;)

This is basically where Helmer was a few weeks ago in his private tree,
I think.