[kaffe] java.lang.IllegalAccessError

Guilhem Lavaux guilhem at kaffe.org
Fri Oct 24 11:22:02 PDT 2003

Ito Kazumitsu wrote:

>The attached programs cause java.lang.IllegalAccessError,
>which partly seemes to have something to do with KJC,
>but class files compiled with Sun's javac also cause the
>error.

Apparently KJC choses to protect the inner class (as usual). I've not
really seen a specific restriction about access modifiers concerning
inner classes in doc but the JDK's compiler put your sample class in
public access (even though you explicitly specified it protected). The
best guess I can make is to ignore the access modifier for inner classes
in KJC. I'll prepare this for tomorrow.

Cheers,

Guilhem.

P.S.: BTW I plan to do some work for kaffe/classpath during this week
(Classpath migration, mauve tests, ...)