[kaffe] Bug Report: multiple sockets can't bind to same multicast address

Everton da Silva Marques everton at lab.ipaccess.diveo.net.br
Wed Oct 29 08:13:02 PST 2003

On Tue, Oct 07, 2003 at 02:46:22PM -0300, Everton da Silva Marques wrote:

> Kaffe (1.1.1 and 1.1.2) does not allow multiple multicast
> sockets to bind to the same address/port pair.

Sorry for replying to my own message, but I may have found the bug.

I think the problem is, MulticastSocket constructors call setReuseAddress(true)
_after_ the invokation of super(). But super() (DatagramSocket) tries to
bind the socket, and gets an exception.

Thus, the fix for this problem requires to setReuseAddress(true) before
binding the socket.