[kaffe] Bug Report: NIO SelectorImpl crashing

Dalibor Topic robilad at kaffe.org
Wed Oct 29 19:08:02 PST 2003

Hi Everton,

Everton da Silva Marques wrote:
> Please find attached a small test program which
> reproduces the following crash under Kaffe 1.1.2:
>
> /usr/local/kaffe/bin/java -classpath build telnet.TelnetServer
> waiting for connections on 1234
> java.lang.NullPointerException
>    at gnu.java.nio.SelectorImpl.deregisterCancelledKeys (SelectorImpl.java:234)
>    at gnu.java.nio.SelectorImpl.select (SelectorImpl.java:146)
>    at gnu.java.nio.SelectorImpl.select (SelectorImpl.java:92)
>    at telnet.TelnetServer.serve (TelnetServer.java:93)
>    at telnet.TelnetServer.main (TelnetServer.java:22)
>
> I have looked quickly on the problem, and it seems
> SelectorImpl.deregisterCancelledKeys() calls cancelledKeys(),
> which is inherited as "returning null" from AbstractSelector:

Thanks for the bug report and the test program.

This particular bug was fixed by Michael Koch in the Classpath CVS, and
merged back into kaffe's CVS. But as I get from the follow up mail on
the kaffe mailing list, you're still seing problems with NIO with the
merged code. I'll check if there is some new NIO code to merge back ;)

cheers,
dal