[kaffe] bug report: KaffeInternal works,two new tests fail (UDPTest and, SoTimeout)

jrandom auto97841 at hushmail.com
Thu Oct 30 11:15:02 PST 2003

Hi dalibor, et al,

the KaffeInternal test now passes (yay!), but two new errors pop up (pulled
from CVS 10 minutes ago) - UDPTest and SoTimeout.  Details below:

As before, FreeBSD 4.8-RELEASE, gcc version 3.3.1 20030707 (prerelease)
[FreeBSD].

================================
2 of 144 tests failed
Please report to kaffe at kaffe.org
================================

> cat test/regression/UDPTest.fail
java.net.SocketException: Invalid argument
java.net.SocketException: Invalid argument
   at gnu.java.net.PlainDatagramSocketImpl.bind (PlainDatagramSocketImpl.java)
   at java.net.DatagramSocket.<init> (DatagramSocket.java:203)
   at java.net.DatagramSocket.<init> (DatagramSocket.java:149)
   at java.net.DatagramSocket.<init> (DatagramSocket.java:133)
   at UDPTest$UDPReceive.run (UDPTest.java:44)
   at java.lang.Thread.run (Thread.java:321)

this comes from "DatagramSocket socket = new DatagramSocket(0);"

> cat test/regression/SoTimeout.fail
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Bad port number: 65536
   at java.net.InetSocketAddress.<init> (InetSocketAddress.java:71)
   at java.net.ServerSocket.<init> (ServerSocket.java:175)
   at java.net.ServerSocket.<init> (ServerSocket.java:149)
   at java.net.ServerSocket.<init> (ServerSocket.java:130)
   at SoTimeout.main (SoTimeout.java:17)

this comes from "server = new ServerSocket(tryport);", though I can't
see how tryPort could reach 65536 (my udp ports don't seem to be flooded)

I'm going to keep digging into it seeing if I can find out whats up,
but if there's anything I can do to help, please let me know

-jrandom

https://www.hushmail.com/services.php?subloc=messenger&l=434