[kaffe] x86 JIT bug

Jim Pick jim at kaffe.org
Fri Oct 31 21:17:01 PST 2003

This dies with a NullPointerException with jit3 on x86, but it works with the interpreter.

I'll look deeper tomorrow, but if anybody else wants to take a shot at
it, be my guest.

In case you're curious, it's from inside ant.  It's preventing
avalon-logkit from compiling inside the Jakarta Gump regression test I'm
trying to build.

Cheers,

 - Jim

import java.io.*;
import java.text.*;

public class FileUtils {
	public File normalize(String path) throws Exception {
		if (!path.startsWith("/"))
			throw new Exception("Not absolute");
		return new File(path);
	}

    public String fromURI() {
		String uri = "check-targets.ent";
		StringBuffer sb = new StringBuffer();
		CharacterIterator iter = new StringCharacterIterator(uri);
		for (char c = iter.first();
			c != CharacterIterator.DONE;
			c = iter.next())
			sb.append(c);
		String path = sb.toString();
		// Uncomment this to fix JIT
		//        System.out.println("Jim4: " + path);
		try {
			path = normalize(path).getAbsolutePath();
		} catch (Exception e) {
		}

		return path;
	}