[kaffe] bug report

Helmer Krämer hkraemer@freenet.de
Wed Sep 3 11:18:02 2003

On Wed, 3 Sep 2003 18:05:40 +0100
"Thomas Keane" <tkeane@cs.may.ie> wrote:

> Just tried to do the make check again and this time it died here:
>
> mkdir lib
> /bin/sh ./rebuildLib @essential.files
> Compiling classes from  @essential.files  using
> //root/kaffe/kaffe/kaffe/kaffe-bin -verbosegc at.dms.kjc.Main
> lt-kaffe-bin: exception.c:307: dispatchException: Assertion
> `!intsDisabled()' failed.
> ./rebuildLib: line 55: 32392 Aborted                 $JAVAC $VERBOSE
> $JAVAC_FLAGS -d $LIBDIR $CPATH ${1+"$@"}
>
> any ideas?

My experience is that this almost always indicates that
a SIGSEGV, SIGBUS or something similar happened during
garbage collection.

If you have gdb around, it would be cool if you could
try to get a stacktrace and post it:

  - Set the environment variables contained in
    /root/kaffe/BUILD_ENVIRONMENT, which will
    enable you to run (and debug) an uninstalled
    copy of kaffe

  - afterwards, you should be able to debug the
    uninstalled kaffe with something like
    './libtool --mode=execute gdb $JAVA'
    (also in /root/kaffe)

  - at the gdb prompt, set the command line args to
    'at.dms.kjc.Main' and start kaffe

If you don't have gdb around, we'll have to try something
else.

Thanks,
Helmer