[kaffe] memory traces from Kaffe

who knows stzdmr at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 1 22:55:02 PDT 2003

Hi everyone,

I am working on data memory reference patterns of java
programs. Basically I want to see memory traces of
different Java programs running on Kaffe.

I modified the file  $ROOT/Kaffe/Kaffevm/mem/gc-mem.c
to get the malloc/free trace.
I get the "malloc" value from function
"gc_heap_free(void* mem)" and "free" value from
"gc_heap_free(void* mem)".
And I also pulled out and used Java programs from
JVM98 to test my traces.

Here is my problem for any java program (jess, check,
etc) that I run I get the similar memory trace. The
sizes of the trace files are different (various from
300K to 80Mb) but the patterns  are same.

I believe, it should not be like this. Is there anyone
  who can tell me what I am doing wrong?

Thanks,
Suat

Sample print out of the trace: