[kaffe] Re: [Classpathx-xml] GNU JAXP Bug report: Attribute value including &

Ito Kazumitsu ito.kazumitsu at hitachi-cable.co.jp
Tue Sep 2 16:45:03 PDT 2003

In message "[Classpathx-xml] GNU JAXP Bug report: Attribute value including &"
    on 03/09/01, Ito Kazumitsu <ito.kazumitsu at hitachi-cable.co.jp> writes:

> I have found a case where an attribute value is treated
> incorrectly.
>
> If you write <a b='X&amp;Y&amp;Z'>, the value of attribute b
> should be 'X&Y&Z', but 'X&' and 'Y&' becomes characters nodes
> and only 'Z' becomes the value of b.

I think this bug is in gnu/xml/aelfred2/XmlParser.java.

parseCharRef() always flushes data buffer even if it is
called from within readLeteral(),  which is in the process
of parsing a quoted string.

The source copied to Kaffe has been fixed:
  http://www.kaffe.org/pipermail/kaffe/2003-September/043771.html

Thank you.