[kaffe] memory traces from Kaffe

who knows stzdmr at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 3 14:06:02 PDT 2003

Hi Chris;

I mean they are exactly same only the trace file sizes
are different depending on the program. I would expect
 different memory requests for each Java program.

For example this is the first lines of memory trace
file for program "compress" (taken out from Spec
JVM98, "a" means malloc)

a 56
a 56
a 224
a 40
a 4104
a 224
a 32
a 56
a 64
a 64
a 64
a 64
a 56
a 224
a 64
a 40
a 40
a 16
a 56
a 56
a 40
a 24
a 2016
a 32
a 32
a 40
.
.
.

And the following is for "check" (Spec JVM98)

a 56
a 56
a 224
a 40
a 4104
a 224
a 32
a 56
a 64
a 64
a 64
a 64
a 56
a 224
a 64
a 40
a 40
a 16
a 56
a 56
a 40
a 24
a 2016
a 32
a 32
a 40
.
.
.
.
.

I have seen other trace files (produced by other
people) they were different from each other. Obviously
I am not a java guru, but I still think each program
should have a different pattern.

Thanks
Suat