[kaffe] Bug Report: StackOverflowError and Collections

Tom Tromey tromey at redhat.com
Tue Sep 9 09:21:01 PDT 2003

>> Basically, LazyHashtable.contains(Object value) calls
>> super.contains(Object value) in Hashtable, which in Classpath's
>> implementation, calls Hashtable.containsValue(Object value).
>> Unfortunately, LazyHashTable.containsValue(Ojbect value) overrides that,
>> just calling calling LazyHashTable.contains(Object value) again, and we
>> have a loop.

It isn't clear to me that this is definitively a Classpath bug.  Who's
to say there isn't currently-working code out there that does the
opposite?  The JDK docs certainly don't specify this sort of thing.

I think it would be easy to change ant to be robust in the face of any
implementation of Hashtable.

What version of ant is this?  I don't see this file in the ant in rhug
(1.5).

Tom