[Fwd: Re: [kaffe] java.net.InetAddress.getAllByName returns wrong value for localhost]

Ito Kazumitsu kaz at maczuka.gcd.org
Thu Sep 11 09:01:02 PDT 2003

>> *> It does not throw exception now.  But I would like to get
>> *> localhost/127.0.0.1 rather than localhost/::::::::1 .
>> *>
>> *> I do not see why getHostByName returns an IPV6 address.
>>
>> Because getaddrinfo() returns both IPv4 and IPv6 addresses
>> for "localhost" and IPv6 first.

:> Ah, ok ! So maybe we should sort the addresses by type and put an IPV4
:> address first.
:> I'll do it next week.

Thank you for your concern.  But if IPv6 works, it should not
be a problem even if getaddrinfo() returns an IPv6 address.

I have just changed some regression tests so that they may
not fail when an IPv6 address for localhost is returned.