[kaffe] put mathod can not be found

Grzegorz Tyma grzegorz.tyma at adescom.com
Mon Sep 15 19:33:01 PDT 2003

Hi,
I'm porting kaffe 1.0.7 to TriCore-Linux platform.
I am faced with the following problem:
When native function: java_lang_System_initProperties()  is executed the "put" method can not be found.
I have found out that findMethodLocal()  searches in (class->superclass is java/lang/VirtualMachineError) : java/lang/StackOverflowError, java/lang/VirtualMachineError, java/lang/Error, java/lang/Throwable, java/lang/Object and "put" method is not present there.

I compared it with kaffe running on i386-Linux (which has been made with the same options as for TriCore).
I noticed that findMethodLocal() starts with (class->superclass is java/util/Hashtable) java/util/properties and finds "put" in java/util/Hashtable.

Could you give me any hints?
Thanks for help.
Regards,
Greg Tyma