[kaffe] Which libtool?

Dalibor Topic robilad at kaffe.org
Wed Sep 17 07:41:01 PDT 2003

Hi James,

James Simmons wrote:

>>>At present libtool is messing up my build system. Which one is the one
>>>needed to work. At present libtool 1.5 fubars tha build system.
>>
>>libtool 1.5 works fine for me. What breaks in your case and what
>>platform are you on?
>

> debian stable with
>
> libtool 1.5
> automake 1.7.6
> autoconf 2.57
>
> It basically breaks configure by adding it extra code to deal with .ver
> files.  This bombs out extentions/sound/common. See mty other email.
>
> For debain stable coudl someone tell me which packages matches must be
> used. Because itwill NOT  work at all.

I think I'm on debian stable, too. I've built the autotools and libtool
myself from the tar.gz files on gnu.org, installed them under
~/auto-kaffe/ and everything works for me. Could you try that?

But I admit that my libtool library mangling code for the sound libs is
quite bad. I'll look into it and see if I can fix it somehow.