jit breakage due to missing function (was: Re: [kaffe] kaffe on Solaris 2.7 Sparc ?)

Dalibor Topic robilad at kaffe.org
Wed Sep 24 12:59:02 PDT 2003

Hi Kiyo,

Kiyo Inaba wrote:
> Hi Dalibor,
>
> You said,
>
>>It seems that the configure script messes something up in the detection
>>of getaddrinfo. I'll look into it.
>

> And I think this is not the only problem for Solaris. At least, jni.c
> shall be fixed to coexist with not only JIT3 but also JIT. The jit
> version does not have function 'resetConstants'.
>
> Am I right?

Yes, of course.

Currently the build for sparc-solaris (and all other platforms that have
jit, but no jit3) fails because the jit engine doesn't have a function
called resetConstants like the jit3 engine does.

What we could do would be
a) #ifdef the resetConstants call to only happen if defined TRANSLATOR
and JIT3.
or
b) backport the resetConstants implementation to jit engine
or
c) provide a 'do-nothing' implementation of resetConstants for jit engine
or
d) separate the engine spefic bits of jni.c into jnisomething.c/h in
engine directories.

I'd propose going with a) followed by c and d, if someone volunteers to
do it. I could do step a) myself ;)