[kaffe] huge number of 'sleep' processes

Jim Pick jim at kaffe.org
Tue Sep 30 11:52:02 PDT 2003

On Tue, 30 Sep 2003 16:52:24 +1200
"M.Negovanovic" <milosn at bmf.bounceme.net> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> i am having trouble while running 'make check' on netbsd/i386. No mater
> what number of max user processes i set its never enough and i always
> get 'cant fork' error. Now quick look at top while running 'make check'
> in the background shows very large number of 'sleep' processes. Doing
> 'kill -9 sleep' few times during checks results in diff number of failed
> tests every time!
>
> Does anyone have any clues about this?

It sounds like the changes I made to TestScript.in to create a "killer
process" to kill off long-running tests.  I guess I'm doing something
non-portable.  :-(

Does anybody have an idea what I did wrong?  When a test completes, it
should kill off the "killer process".  My guess is that isn't happening.

I've got a really old NetBSD box at home -- I'll do some experiments
when I get some time.

Cheers,

 - Jim