[kaffe] Goodbye for Now

Jim Pick jim at kaffe.org
Tue Sep 30 12:02:02 PDT 2003

On Sun, 28 Sep 2003 20:55:06 -0400 (EDT)
"Rob Gonzalez" <rgonzale at wso.williams.edu> wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> I've had a great time working on the project on and off for the past year
> or so.  As some of you know, I've been sortof in limbo lately, moving
> around the east coast of the US without much access to my own computer.
> Tomorrow I'm leaving for Zurich from which I'll be backpacking to Beijing,
> China, where I'll be teaching English for a while.  When I get to China
> there's a chance that I'll be able to start working on Kaffe again, but if
> that doesn't work out I'll probably be off the project until June, 2004,
> when I get back to the states.

Sounds like fun.  :-)

> This project has been moving forward at an amazing pace lately.  I have no
> doubts that it's still going to be going strong when get back :)  I've
> learned a ton by working on it and especially by reading the posts and
> talking to the other developers.  Thanks guys.

Thanks for all the code!  It's very much appreciated.  Having a free
software VM that can run untrusted Java code opens a whole world of
possibilities -- it's very exciting.  Hopefully we won't screw it up too
much by the time you get back.  :-)

Cheers,

 - Jim