[kaffe] System.getenv() ?

S. Meslin-Weber twiun at adorphuye.com
Sun Apr 4 16:52:02 PDT 2004

Hi pancake,

On Mon, Apr 05, 2004 at 01:35:51AM +0200, pancake wrote:
> I'm glad to see that System.getenv() is not supported on GNU ClassPath and works perfectly under sun JDK...what's the reason?

To my knowledge, getenv has been deprecated from 1.1 to 1.4 and has only
been reintroduced with 1.5. As Classpath (and other parties) has to play
catch-up to Sun it's understandable it's not back in yet. Also, note
that 1.5 is not final and anything is still subject to change. I would
find it inadvisable to change our APIs until we can be sure that Sun
won't change theirs at the last minute.

Thanks,

Stephane