[kaffe] System.getenv() ?

Arnaud Vandyck arnaud.vandyck at ulg.ac.be
Mon Apr 5 14:27:03 PDT 2004

"S. Meslin-Weber" <twiun at adorphuye.com> writes:

> On Mon, Apr 05, 2004 at 02:10:19PM +0200, Arnaud Vandyck wrote:
>> Isn't System.getProperty("the.property") the same thing?
>
> No, not at all. Java system properties are not sourced from the
> environment variables of the OS. It's possible to push the contents of a
> particular env var through to a system property though:
>
> java -Dmy.system.property="$MY_ENV_VAR"

Thanks for the clarification, I was refering to this

http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/docs/api/java/lang/System.html#getProperties()

and with all the properties, I thought I could read env vars with
this. Also, I often use ant and pass variable wih it. I suppose ant do
create a new java.util.Properties instance.

Many thanks, cheers,

--
~/.signature not found

< DanielS> still, throne of blood sounds like a movie about overfiend
           and virgins or some crap
		-- in #debian-devel