[kaffe] Need help in Downloading Kaffe

Dalibor Topic robilad at kaffe.org
Tue Apr 6 07:51:03 PDT 2004

Hi Joey,

Joey Wong wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm new to programming and i really need help in developing the application. But
> in order for my application to run on Linux iPAQ, i know that i need to download
> the Kaffe packages in order to allow it to run. Becasue the instructions, of
> what to download and how to install are not very clear.So, i really need your
> help to advice me what are the packages that i need to download and what are the
> steps to install into my iPAQ in order for the JVM to start running in iPAQ.
> Thanks alot...

We don't really distribute current binaries of kaffe for different
platforms, we leave that up to distributors of those platforms, since
they know their platforms best.

You might be able to build from source, though. Check out README and
INSTALL in the source tar.gz archive. If your intention is to
cross-compile kaffe, check out FAQ/FAQ.cross-compiling.