[kaffe] [Problem]cannot find String [JLS 8]

jserv at linux2.cc.ntu.edu.tw jserv at linux2.cc.ntu.edu.tw
Thu Apr 8 04:28:03 PDT 2004

On Thu, Apr 08, 2004 at 06:53:48PM +0800,     wrote:
> hi,

Hi Arsene,

  I am so glad to see more Java developers from Taiwan
taking interest in KaffeVM.

> i'm new to kaffe and encounter a problem when
> compiling the program. orginally it issues the "cannot
> find ... class String ..[JLS 8]". after  rt.jar

  I'd suggest you to use jikes as java compiler, which
provides more options than kjc, which is shipped with Kaffe.

Thanks,
Jim Huang

ps: It's not a good manner to post Chinese characters to
    non-Chinese mailing-list.