[kaffe] warning hunt

Nektarios K. Papadopoulos npapadop at inaccessnetworks.com
Tue Apr 13 04:43:02 PDT 2004

Dalibor Topic wrote:
>> Should I send :
>> - one diff per file ?
>> - one diff per dir ?
>> - one global diff ?
>

> One diff per type would be nice, otherwise, a global diff would do.

Well, here it goes:

fix_traditional-2.diff fixes
	traditional-2 warnings in 32 files
fix_unused_param.diff
	fixes unused-parameter warnings in 11 files
fix_trad2_unused_mix.diff
    	fixes both types of warnings in 7 files

[1] unused-parameter warnings were handled by adding the UNUSED macro to
the offending parameter, is that ok?

Some such warnings still remain because the offending parameters are
actually used in an ifdef-out section.

[2] traditional-2 warnings were handled differently in different cases.
	(a) I just cast the argument appropriately, when there is a reason to
be declared of that type, but it has already been checked.
	(b) As in (a) only that I added the checks.
	(c) I changed the types involved to a more reasonable one
	(as Dalibor suggested)

There are some situations where I am not sure whether I should check for
proper values or what exactly to do if an error occur. In general I
tried to act as the rest of the code acts in each file. But since I am
new to kaffe and hunted a lot of warning the last days, some things
might have been done *not*quite*properly*. So I wish that some of the
kaffe gurus have a quick second look at the code before committing.

I also remind you that I only check my changes against my own configuration.

cheers
nektarios