[kaffe] Bug Report: BigInteger.toString() fails for large numbers

Alan Eliasen eliasen at mindspring.com
Wed Apr 21 17:31:05 PDT 2004

Alan Eliasen wrote:
>>I am afraid the change of kaffe/kaffevm/locks.c to Revision 1.48
>>did something wrong.
>
>    Thank you--this does affect the behavior.  I reverted the change made in
> locks.c revision 1.48 (only one line was changed in that revision) and the
> first regression test that I posted here (the class called BigIntTest) now
works.

   Upon further testing, although it makes that case work, the general
reliability isn't improved.  Many other numbers cause the same failures as
before.  It's still not clear what conditions cause this to hang, or segfault.
 It appears to be sensitive to the order of calculations.

--
  Alan Eliasen                 | "You cannot reason a person out of a
  eliasen at mindspring.com       |  position he did not reason himself