[kaffe] more kjc fun

Guilhem Lavaux guilhem at kaffe.org
Thu Apr 22 00:43:03 PDT 2004

Helmer Krämer wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I tried compiling CVS Head with kjc and it stopped with this
>error:
>
>java/awt/font/TextAttribute.java:44: error:Cannot find type "AttributedCharacterIterator/Attribute"
>
>I've checked the profile I'm using (allatonce) and it contains
>the required entry for java.text.AttributedCharacterIterator.
>
>However, the inner class "Attribute" kjc complains about does
>not have a public modifier. So I assume that kjc doesn't make
>inner classes of interfaces public by default?

Hi !

Aaaaargh ! ;) This was a bug I though to have fixed but obviously not.
"ACC_PROTECTED" inner classes should be tranformed into "ACC_PUBLIC"
inner classes because the spec does not allow protected inner classes.
This works with the default profile because the class files are already
generated when java/awt/font/TextAttribute.java is parsed and checked.

Cheers,

Guilhem.