[kaffe] CVS kaffe (dalibor): Merged in gjdoc and libxmlj

Arnaud Vandyck arnaud.vandyck at ulg.ac.be
Thu Apr 22 01:21:01 PDT 2004

Daniel Veillard <daniel at veillard.com> writes:

> On Sun, Apr 18, 2004 at 05:57:07PM +0200, Dalibor Topic wrote:
>> Salut Daniel,
>   Salut :-)
Salut :-D

>> I believe Arnaud was looking at using libxml directly for the xml
>> part  of GNU JAXP as well as another option for GNU JAXP, based on
>> some code  from Chris Burdess. He's busy with the GNU JAXP/libxmlj
>> merge at the  moment, though.

Also note that I move 'source' to 'src' (don't ask why, I still don't
know!) so, now, I'm removing 'src' to 'source'!

The merge is on its end. I have to revamp the build to match source (not
src) and finish the README file. Chris Burdess already wrote a lot of
the bindings and will commit his classes and C code soon.

>   Okay, I understand that plugging libxml2 in in Java APIs might not be
> trivial (API divergence at high level, ref counting) or not really worth
> it performance wise (SAX level), but if they need help, the best is to
> post on the libxml2 mailing-list there might be others facing similar
> problems probably not on Java but with other kind of bindings:
>     http://xmlsoft.org/bugs.html
>
>   Libxslt might be easier to wrap and provide more benefits speed wise.

There is a speed benefit for libxslt but there maybe also conformances
benefits from libxml! ;-)

Cheers,

--
Arnaud Vandyck

< sam> /.ing an issue is like asking an infinite number of monkeys for
       advice
		-- in #debian-devel