[kaffe] CVS kaffe (guilhem): Implemented stack overflow detection.

Guilhem Lavaux guilhem at kaffe.org
Thu Apr 22 23:22:02 PDT 2004

On Thu, 2004-04-22 at 21:21, Stuart Ballard wrote:
> Kaffe CVS wrote:
> >         * configure.ac: Check for sigaltstack.
>
> Note that this feature on Mono caused problems when a Mono binary built
> on a 2.6 kernel (by my friendly neighborhood Debian packager) was
> deployed on an older kernel (like mine). Mono added a
> --enable-sigaltstack=no (IIRC) option that distributors are supposed to
> use to cope with this.

Hmmm, I have just tried to compile and run kaffe on 2.6.4 (modified
mandrake 9.2) and then run the binary on a 2.4.21 (mandrake 9.1). It
seems to work perfectly. I had problems with segmentation violation when
signals were still locked during a stack overflow but that has been
fixed using sigprocmask. How old was your kernel ?

Cheers,

Guilhem.