[kaffe] Solaris, 32 bit, fails (eowyn)

Riccardo zuse at libero.it
Sun Apr 25 06:03:02 PDT 2004

HMM,

I build on "eowyn" (solaris, microsparcII, v8, 32bit) and it fails with
an NPE. Could this still be a stack problem? (guilhem: were your patches
for solaris checked in on Sunday morning?)

It behaves now exactly as shadowfax (Solaris, Ultrasparc, v9) behaves
and NetBSD/sparc

CharToByteCP869.ser kaffe/io/CharToByteCP870.ser kaffe/io/
CharToByteCP871.ser kaffe/io/CharToByteCP875.ser kaffe/io/
CharToByteCP918.ser kaffe/io/CharToByteKOI8_R.ser
java.lang.NullPointerException
   at kaffe.tools.jar.Jar.updateFilesInJar (Jar.java:875)
   at kaffe.tools.jar.Jar.processJar (Jar.java:429)
   at kaffe.tools.jar.Jar.start (Jar.java:77)
   at kaffe.tools.jar.Jar.main (Jar.java:56)
Internal error: caught an unexpected exception.
Please check your CLASSPATH and your installation.
java/lang/NullPointerException
	at java.lang.Runtime.runShutdownHooks(Runtime.java:230)
	at java.lang.Runtime.exitJavaCleanup(Runtime.java:95)
	at java.lang.System.exitJavaCleanup(System.java:138)
make[1]: *** [rt.jar] Abort (core dumped)

I wonder why Legolas (supersparc, v8, solaris) worked last time I tried.
Guilhem made me change a line about stack limit, i didn't know if he
commited a reliable thing for that.

One diffence that legolas doesn't have an L2 cache (I don't cknow
exactly the caches of the others). The OS version is the same and the
compier is the same. Maybe I really need to check out legolas too.

-Riccardo