[kaffe] jar.tar assmling faiilure on sparc strangeness

Riccardo zuse at libero.it
Sun Apr 25 13:34:02 PDT 2004

Hello,

NetBSD and Solaris fail both during jar.tar assembly, both at the same
place. This is "suspect".
But I made another discovery today. On Solaris/UltraSparc, reissuing
"make" will complete the build. since all classes are already compiled,
it will assembly the jar.tar archive and this time without apparent
problems.

This is even more strange!

This showed also that more than the usual regression tests fail.

CLTestConc.fail            NetworkInterfaceTest.fail  ThreadState.fail
DoubleCvt.fail             TestSerializable2.fail
GCTest.fail                TestUnlock.fail

I'll post a tar on my site with the contents.

Cheers,
	Riccardo