[kaffe] Using Eclipse as an IDE for Kaffe

Dalibor Topic robilad at kaffe.org
Tue Apr 27 09:40:03 PDT 2004

Hi Tim,

Tim Walsh wrote:
> Hi,
> Does anyone know if its possible to use Eclipse to debug kaffe.
> (like the way you can debug in xemacs using export KAFFE_DEBUG="xemacs" )

Hmm, good question. We're talking about debugging the VM core, the C
side of things, right?

You can probably start up eclipse in CDT mode with -application command
line switch, and passing the right class. How you'd switch it over to
debugger view from command line, I don't know, possibly through the use
of some system properties, I assume. Then you've still got the problem
that you don't have an associated project, so elipse may not be able to
find the sources ...

I guess you could start the other way round, by creating a project for
kaffe in eclipse and importing it. If you manage to do that, I'd be
interested in seeing the project file.