[kaffe] kaffe on GNU Hurd

Dalibor Topic robilad at kaffe.org
Wed Apr 28 08:28:03 PDT 2004

Hi Gaurav,

Gaurav Ganeriwal wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> I am trying to install kaffe1.0.7 on GNU Hurd for i386 machine.
> After runing make check, i got following error message.
>
> icode.c pasting "." and "ANY" doesnot give a valid preprocessing token
>
> make[3] ***[icode.lo] Error 1
> make[3] leaving directory '/kaffe-1.0.7/kaffe/kaffevm/jit3'
> make[2] ***[check-recursive] Error 1
> make[2] Leaving directory '/kaffe-1.0.7/kaffe/kaffevm/'
> make[1]***[check-recursive] Error 1
> make[2] Leaving directory '/kaffe-1.0.7/kaffe/kaffe'
> make **[check-recursive] Error 1
>

> What can be done to fix the error?

You could apply this diff
http://www.kaffe.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/kaffe/kaffe/kaffevm/jit3/machine.h.diff?r1=1.14&r2=1.15&diff_format=u

But given that you have a sufficiently recent gcc to complain about it,
you should try a sufficiently recent development version of kaffe :)

1.1.4 should have no such problems with gcc's preprocessor.