[kaffe] Re: Re: NetBSD/ppc now works

Riccardo zuse at libero.it
Thu Apr 29 13:00:03 PDT 2004

> I've looked more closely into this one. Something goes bad when d2f
> bytecode instruction is exectued in this case. the implementation in
> intrp/icode.h looks innocent enough, but I'm not sure what should
> happen  precisely when max double is assigned to a float in C. I've
> written a  test case, and attached it, so it'd be nice if you could
> run it on your  netbsd-ppc machine and report the results.

NetBSD/ppc 2.0 beta, gcc 3.3.3:
d = 1.79769e+308         f = inf         g=inf
d = 1    f = 7fefffff    g=ffffffff
f.f = 3.40282e+38        f.i = 7f7fffff

OpenBSD/sparc 3.4, gcc 2.95.2
d = 1.79769e+308         f = Inf         g=Inf
d = 7fefffff     f = ffffffff    g=7f800000
f.f = 3.40282e+38        f.i = 7f7fffff

Darwin 6.8, apple cc
d = 1.79769e+308         f = Inf         g=Inf
d = 7fefffff     f = ffffffff    g=7f800000
f.f = 3.40282e+38        f.i = 7f7fffff

the behavior seems consistent to me
what is the result at your place?

-Riccardo