[kaffe] __SIGRTMIN undefined: kaffe/kaffevm/systems/unix-pthreads/thread-impl.c

Guilhem Lavaux guilhem at kaffe.org
Thu Aug 5 03:34:52 PDT 2004

Ito Kazumitsu wrote:

>Hi,
>
>kaffe/kaffevm/systems/unix-pthreads/thread-impl.c reads:
>
>#if !defined(__SIGRTMIN) || (__SIGRTMAX - __SIGRTMIN < 7)
>
>#endif
>
>#define SIG_INTERRUPT (__SIGRTMIN+2)
>
>What if !defined(__SIGRTMIN)?  And that is happening in my case:
>FreeBSD 5.1-RELEASE on i386.

Thanks Ito. I've only modified at the very end of the fixing. I had
previously SIGINT there but it causes kaffe not to be interruptible
anymore. I don't have to interfere with boehm-gc signals too. I know
that many signals are also used for other things and not working (the
bad SIGXCPU is a good example, it doesn't work on at least 2 platforms :( ).

SIGUSR1 may be used but it is a problem for old LinuxThreads
implementation. I can try SIGIO which should not be used in kaffe...

In the meanwhile, I suggest you to put SIGUSR1 anyway.

Cheers,

Guilhem.