[kaffe] BUG REPORT -- make check fails

Woloszynski, Charles Charles.woloszynski at innocon.com
Fri Aug 6 08:40:28 PDT 2004

I am starting to work with KAFFE (to port to LynxOS), but I wanted to
test on Linux first.

To start with, I am using a CVS checkout from yesterday (8/5/2004) from
HEAD:

When I configure the system with no AWT support, and build on RedHat 9
(with autoconf 2.59-3 installed) and I do a make check I get two errors:

First, finalexc.java fails.  The finalexc.fail reads:

Internal error: caught an unexpected exception.
Please check your CLASSPATH and your installation.
java/lang/NullPointerException

Looks like it threw an exception from within the finalize block.

Also, a second error was in the BeanBug.java but that should fail, since
I disabled AWT support and the test class tries to use an AWT class. I
did not see any support in the Makefile.in to exclude this test when AWT
is not included.  I'd be willing to do this, but I am not sure of any
conventions that are currently being used to support this type of
activity.  Or, do people rather see the failure and accept that they
caused it when they configured kaffe a certain way?

Charlie Woloszynski
Innovative Concepts Inc.
703-893-2007 x506
charles.woloszynski at innocon.com