[kaffe] kaffe

Dalibor Topic robilad at kaffe.org
Sat Aug 14 10:22:56 PDT 2004

Larry Lewyn wrote:
> Dear Sirs,
>
> I own a NEC Mobilepro 780 pda, which uses windows ce 2.11 and has a mips
> processor. I am desperately looking for a java virtual machine which will
> allow me to run java applets on web pages.

Hi Larry,

there is a port of Kaffe for winCE. It's not merged in into the main
source tree yet, so if you're interested in helping out with the merge,
you're welcome to give it a try.

the port is available on http://www.rainer-keuchel.de/wince/kaffe.html

> I read a post that said that Kaffe would work with windows ce. Can you tell
> me where I might download it? I would be more than happy to pay for it.

The best payment you could make would be helping to merge the port
Rainer did back into the main source tree, really. :)