[kaffe] __SIGRTMIN undefined: kaffe/kaffevm/systems/unix-pthreads/thread-impl.c

Dalibor Topic robilad at kaffe.org
Sun Aug 15 21:38:50 PDT 2004

Ito Kazumitsu wrote:

> `> :> SIGUSR1 may be used but it is a problem for old LinuxThreads
> `> :> implementation. I can try SIGIO which should not be used in kaffe...
> `> :>
> `> :> In the meanwhile, I suggest you to put SIGUSR1 anyway.
> `>
> `> You mean "#define SIG_INTERRUPT SIGUSR1"?
> `>
> `> I tried this, but TestScript ./HelloWorldApp.java never ends.
> `>
> `> I also tried "#define SIG_INTERRUPT SIGIO", but GCTest failed.
>
> Then I tried "#define SIG_INTERRUPT 32" and all regression tests
> passed.
>
> This solusion is specific to my environment and just for your
> consideration.

Hi Ito,

looking at strace signal handling code at
http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/strace/strace/signal.c?rev=1.46

/* Anonymous realtime signals. */
/* Under glibc 2.1, SIGRTMIN et al are functions, but __SIGRTMIN is a
    constant.  This is what we want.  Otherwise, just use SIGRTMIN. */
#ifdef SIGRTMIN
#ifndef __SIGRTMIN
#define __SIGRTMIN SIGRTMIN
#define __SIGRTMAX SIGRTMAX /* likewise */
#endif
#endif

would that work for you, if it's in common.h?