[kaffe] To everyone use QT-bakend

embstudy at eyou.com embstudy at eyou.com
Mon Aug 16 02:12:40 PDT 2004

Hello Jari

In your mail:
>Hi,
>
>Could you please let me know which configuration, compiler and Kaffe
>version you used for XScale. I've been trying to build Kaffe for both
>armv5l and armv5b without success - for big endian XScale the build fails
>and on a "regular" arm box HelloWorld gives a SIGSEGV.
>
>Thanks,
>  Jari
>
>On Sat, 14 Aug 2004 embstudy at eyou.com wrote:
>> Hello everyone,
>>
>> Up to now, I have been trying to port Kaffe to my Qt-bakend arm-xscale box
for
>> more than a month. Though I had successfully made the plain text
Helloworld
>> work(s) fine, however the AWT never jump out. I don't know how to describe
my
>> mind now, maybe a bit frustrated, or a little bit sorrow, but I don't
regret
>> chosing kaffe. I believe kaffe will work for me maybe today or
tommorrow.And a
>> lot of thanks to the guys who is devoting or devoted or will devote to
kaffe.
>> Kaffe is really perfect!
>>
>> About the Qtopia - Java Integration, there is a doc from trolltech.
>> http://doc.trolltech.com/qtopia2.0/html/javaintegration.html
>>
>> And now I am a little bit dault about that why I chose qt-2.3.7 but not
>> qtopia-1.7 as my QTDIR while crosscompiling kaffe. Anybody could shed
some
>> light on me?
>> And where are you guys using qt-awt successfully running your programs
in?
>> In the qtopia or not?? Or just test them on your PCs??
>>
>> cheers,
>> saw

     I am now using the CVS head, arm-linux-gcc-3.2.1, and my configuration
is
CFLAGS="-D__XSCALE__" NM=arm-linux-nm AR=arm-linux-ar CC=arm-linux-gcc
./configure --enable-debug --with-engine=intrp --enable-xscale
--host=arm-linux --build=i686-linux --enable-pure-java-math
KAFFEH=/supper/nativ/bin/kaffeh --with-threads=unix-pthreads
--prefix=/cvs/xscale --with-awt=qt --without-kaffe-x-awt
--without-classpath-gtk-awt --without-esd --with-qtdir=$QTDIR
--with-jikes=yes

Cheers,
Saw

--http://www.eyou.com
--Îȶ¨¿É¿¿µÄµç×ÓÐÅÏä  ÓïÒôÓʼþ  Òƶ¯ÊéÇ©  ÈÕÀú·þÎñ  ÍøÂç´æ´¢...ÒÚÓÊδ¾¡

--http://vip.eyou.com
--¿ì¿ìµÇ¼ÒÚÓÊVIPÐÅÏä  ×¢²áÄúÖÐÒâµÄÓû§Ãû