[kaffe] Re: kjc on m68k/netbsd works.

Tony Wyatt wyattaw at optushome.com.au
Tue Aug 17 16:23:31 PDT 2004

Hi Dalibor and all,

On 08/17/2004, you wrote:

>> I am glad to report that m68k/netbsd can now make kjc to compile.
>
> Great! Thank you very much, Kiyo!
>
>> As attached patch suggests, this is a revert patch against Tony submitted
>> several years ago. This portion is to correctly setup saved registers
>> area (usually for d2-d7/a2-a5) when exception was raised and I have no
>> idea why he commented it out.
>
> I've CC:ed Tony, maybe he can remember why the change was necessary.

I can't get to my notebook at the moment, but I seem to remember that it was
because when unwinding an exception, registers were "unsaved" unnecessarily,
which corrupted the return address (in A3?). I'll try to find out what it
was. In any case, so much else has changed since then that my change may be
obsolete.
The change was applied to 1.0.7 - I don't know how valid it is for later
versions.

>> But, anyway it becomes work! Currently, roughly 20 test cases are failed,
>> and the number without this patch was 42.
>
> Great! Riccardo is going to love to hear that ;)
>
>> Maybe, I can submit one more patch for linux to make it work with jit3.
>> (But still jit3 is slower than jit on m68k :-<)
>
> That would be awesome!

cheers