[kaffe] Urgent

Dalibor Topic robilad at kaffe.org
Wed Aug 18 11:21:55 PDT 2004

var_files wrote:

>    I am a student of  final year Computer Engineering and
> am doing a project on "Active Memory Defragmentation".
> I am not getting much information regarding this subject.
> So if you could help me by sending a few links or pdfs or htmls regarding this topic, I would be grateful to you.

Hi Files,

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&q=%22Active+Memory+Defragmentation%22&btnG=Google+Search
?

gives me 379 results. I hope that's enough for your needs. I'd recommend
getting familiar with one or more search engines, in particular if you
are a computer scientist. If you are looking for scientific papers on
that topic, I'd recommend using the CiteSeer seach engine to find them. [1]

Judging by the search engine results, I'd guess that whatever it is, it
has something to do with the Linux kernel. This is not the linux kernel
mailing list, so chances are noone here will be able to help you. Your
plea for help might be better answered by Linux kernel developers, who,
for the most part, can be found on a different mailing list. [2]

Oh, and a small side note: The subject 'Urgent' is not very useful.
Chances are, if you use that on the Linux kernel mailing list, your post
will end up being automatically trashed by most people's spam filters,
since it looks like a typical spam subject line. If you want people to
read your posts, and expect replies, please use meaningful subjects for
your e-mails.

This free advice has been brought to you by the letters 'U', 'T', 'F',
'S' and 'E'. :)

[1] Finding CiteSeer is left as an excercise for the reader. :)
[2] Which I'm quite sure, you'll be able to find easily using a search
engine as well.