[kaffe] undefined reference to isinf, isnan when cross compiling

Dalibor Topic robilad at kaffe.org
Wed Aug 18 11:47:17 PDT 2004

D greene wrote:
> Dalibor,
>
> Attached are the log files.

Thanks for the quick reply.

Juding by config.log, there is an isinf implementation as a macro.

configure:44304: checking for macro isinf
configure:44322: mipsel-unknown-linux-uclibc-gcc -o conftest -Os
-fomit-frame-po
inter -fno-builtin -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -fno-omit-frame-pointer
-DNDEBUG
conftest.c -lm    >&5
conftest.c:131: warning: function declaration isn't a prototype
configure:44328: $? = 0
configure:44332: test -z
                          || test ! -s conftest.err
configure:44335: $? = 0
configure:44338: test -s conftest
configure:44341: $? = 0
configure:44353: result: yes

So I'm puzzled why it doesn't get picked up. Unfortunately, your
build.log does not cover the building of libkaffevm, the library that
references the missing symbols. Could you try to rebuild kaffe from
scratch, i.e. in a new, pristine directory and send me the resulting
build log? Please use

make CFLAGS="-H"

to build kaffe, as that will enable header file inclusion tracking, so
that we can see if the header files containing the macros actually get
included or not.

> As a workaround, could I simply add the macros found below somewhere
> (and if yes, where would be a good place)?

Maybe, but I'd doubt it. It seems like there is some small configuration
problem, and I think we should be able to fix that together ;)