[kaffe] how to cross-compile

程明 cheng-m03 at mails.tsinghua.edu.cn
Fri Aug 20 02:49:14 PDT 2004

Dear menbers,
I want to know how to do a cross-compile. I use linux platform on i686,
and use a command

./configure --host=mips

and the result is:

checking host system type... mips-unknown-elf
configure:error:Configuration mips-elf not supported

I have another compiler, it is written by my classmates. It is written
on the base of gcc, and it is run under linux. It is a compiler for our
mips-like CPU.
I also type the command

./configure --host=mips

the result is:

checking for C compiler default output file name... configure: error: C
compiler cannot create executables
See `config.log' for more details.

and in config.log:

gcc: installation problem, cannot exec `cc1': No such file or directory
configure:2492: $? = 1
configure: failed program was:
| /* confdefs.h. */
|
| #define PACKAGE_NAME "Kaffe Virtual Machine"
| #define PACKAGE_TARNAME "kaffe"
| #define PACKAGE_VERSION "1.1.4"
| #define PACKAGE_STRING "Kaffe Virtual Machine 1.1.4"
| #define PACKAGE_BUGREPORT "kaffe at kaffe.org"
| #define PACKAGE "kaffe"
| #define VERSION "1.1.4"
| /* end confdefs.h. */
|
| int
| main ()
| {
|
| ;
| return 0;
| }
configure:2531: error: C compiler cannot create executables
See `config.log' for more details.

Who can tell me how to cross-compile the source code? what are the
problems of my tryings?
Thanks a lot.