[kaffe] Problem in build

Guilhem Lavaux guilhem at kaffe.org
Mon Aug 23 05:45:47 PDT 2004

Pinaki Mukherjee wrote:

>Hi Guilhem,
>
>Thanks for replying. The platform I'm using is i686/Linux.
>
>Regards,
>Pinaki

Actually, I have not understood what you have said the first time. You
cannot add this a field to "struct _slots" without modifying a lot of
other things in machine.c
(principally concerning the JNI calls). At the moment, the JNI calls are
nearly directly mapped to what is _exactly_ in slots. So if you add some
entries to it the native call has wrong arguments and will surely cause
NullPointerException.

Cheers,

Guilhem.

P.S.: From what I can see, it may be possible (but only may) to put the
fields _after_ the union... I have not yet looked deeply at it.