[kaffe] Build failure for sparc/solaris with --with-static

Kiyo Inaba inaba at src.ricoh.co.jp
Wed Aug 25 07:24:52 PDT 2004

Hi,

Just for fun, I am now trying to check the behavior of sparc port, and
noticed a bug.

For sparc/solaris, the configure option --with-static{bin,lib,vm} does
not work.

If I specify only '--with-staticbin' then it failes at making libnative
by

Text relocation remains                         referenced
    against symbol                  offset      in file
<unknown>                           0x2458      ../../../kaffe/kaffevm/.libs/libkaffevm.a(libkaffevm_la-classMethod.o)
etc, etc

And in case of '--with-staticbin', '--with-staticlib' and '--with-staticvm'
it tries to link with 'libdl.a' (because gcc flag -static tries to link
with it), but there are only 'libdl.so'.

Kiyo