[kaffe] kaffe1.1.4 java.security help

D greene dgreene21 at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 27 16:28:00 PDT 2004

Hello all,

I need some pointers on how to user the java.security file in 1.1.4 which
contains:

# Security configuration file for Kaffe
#
# You'll need to have kaffe configured to use
# GNU Crypto for the GNU Crypto provider
# to be picked up.

security.provider.1=gnu.crypto.jce.GnuCrypto
security.provider.2=kaffe.security.provider.Kaffe

I've been getting the following exception when executing a Runtime.exec()
call (I'm assuming it's a persmissions issue):

java.io.IOException: No such file or directory
   at kaffe.lang.UNIXProcess.forkAndExec (UNIXProcess.java)
   at kaffe.lang.UNIXProcess.access$000 (UNIXProcess.java:0)
   at kaffe.lang.UNIXProcess$1.run (UNIXProcess.java:56)
java.lang.SecurityException: Invalid FileDescriptor
   at java.io.FileOutputStream.<init> (FileOutputStream.java:184)
   at kaffe.lang.UNIXProcess.<init> (UNIXProcess.java:114)
   at java.lang.Runtime.execInternal (Runtime.java)
   at java.lang.Runtime.exec (Runtime.java:86)
   at java.lang.Runtime.exec (Runtime.java:70)
   at java.lang.Runtime.exec (Runtime.java:52)

I'd appreciate any pointers to not only add an AllPermissions allowed policy
but on exactly how to "configure" the crypto provider to provide a keystore
for SSLServerSockets (is this possible with 1.1.4?)

thanks,
dgreene