[kaffe] initThreads error when running cross compiled Kaffe

Ian Anderson ian at ianswebpage.com
Wed Dec 8 16:00:39 PST 2004

Hi,

I’ve trying to cross compile Kaffe 1.1.4 for a Gumstix
(http://www.gumstix.com). I have managed to get it compiling ok but when
it comes to running on a Gumstix. I encounter the following error:

java MyClass

or javac MyClass

Results in:

/usr/local/kaffe/jre/bin/kaffe-bin: thread.c: 106: initThreads: Assertion
`VMThreadClass != 0' failed.

I have tried rebuilding with --with-threads=unix-pthreads (without this).

I took a snapshot from the CVS tree just a few days ago. I suspect it’s a
configure error on my part. Any pointers would greatfully be received.

Thanks

Ian Anderson