[kaffe] Kaffe on NSLU2

Sam sam at polkadotninja.com
Sun Dec 19 15:55:40 PST 2004

Hi,

I've been trying to get Kaffe running on a Linksys Network Storage Link, or
NSLU2 (www.nslu2-linux.org), a great device based on the Intel IXP420 Network
Processor. I managed to get it compiled natively without much trouble (used
--host=arm-linux, and modified jthread.c to remove a "##" from one preprocessor
instruction).

My problem is this -- anytime I try to use java or javac, something like the
following error occurs:

  ~ $ /usr/local/kaffe/bin/java ./test.class
  Internal error: caught an unexpected exception.
  Please check your CLASSPATH and your installation.
  java/lang/NullPointerException
          at java.io.File.<clinit>(File.java:33)
  Aborted

Any hints on how to proceed from here would be much appreciated.

 -- Sam