[kaffe] CVS kaffe (stack): Checkpoint of jitter for linux/ppc.

Guilhem Lavaux guilhem at kaffe.org
Tue Dec 21 13:35:53 PST 2004

Timothy Stack wrote:

>>Hi Tim,
>>
>>Your patch is great but you have forgotten the code compatibility with
>>JIT for jitCodeHeader.
>>I think it is simple to adapt but could you do it ? It breaks the
>>compilation on platforms which
>>only supports JIT.
>>

>I don't understand the problem...  Do you have some output I can look at?
>Or, can you be more specific about what is going on?

No problem.

You have defined a jitCodeHeader structure in jit3/machine.h.
This structure is not defined in jit/machine.h though it is used by
stackTrace.c
because JIT is also a TRANSLATOR ;) . As a consequence there
 is a compilation error in stackTrace.c (which weren't before as the
jit/jit3 were placing their pointers both at the same place).

Regards,

Guilhem Lavaux.