[kaffe] kafffe and tomcat run ok on sh3 (superh)!

??? g_zhou at hitachi.com.cn
Tue Feb 10 02:23:02 PST 2004

Dear all,
    I have a good news to tell you:
    I have successfully port kaffe-1.0.7 to my SolutionEngine7709A.
    I compiled kaffe-1.0.7.tar.gz on SolutionEngine7709A. I copied the directory of superh in kaffe-1.1.3.tar.gz to  kaffe-1.0.7/config, and add one line to kaffe-1.0.7/config/md.h: #include "superh/linux/md.h", and changed known=no to known=yes in the file of kaffe-1.0.7/configure. Then I run
./configure
make
make install

    Ready now!
    Then I got jakarta-tomcat-3.2.4.tar.gz and run it base on kaffe on my SolutionEngine7709A!

Thanks you all, without your help, I can not success!

    By the way, but the jsp examples failed since the JSP engine wanted to explicately use sun's javac as the java compiler. Since I can not access http://w6.metronet.com/~wjm/tomcat/2001/Jun/msg00557.html , mentioned at http://www.kaffe.org/compatibility_applications.shtml#serverapps, Is there anyone can help me? Thanks a lot!

                                                                                                                        zhou guanghua