[kaffe] System code and kaffe

Berlin Brown bbrown at khafra.com
Fri Feb 27 07:06:02 PST 2004

I do system work and want to use kaffe and java for system code.  I could use C, but I think it would be interesting to use kaffe.  So for example, I was thinking of building a custom loader and linker and also including interfaces for devices, assembly language etc.  My design thus far is, use kaffe to create .class files, run my system which parses the byte code and then create .object files, the object files will then be executable.  Ideally I want ELF and binary code.  Is this insane?  Is there something out there that does this.  GCJ is too complex.

Berlin Brown
bbrown at khafra.com
(404)979-6999
ext. 7260